Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I'm Still Here and October's Currently-a little late

Spooky October greetings to my friends in blogland!
I have missed you all. Never fear, though I haven't written I have been reading as much as I can to keep up with all of the great new friends I made this summer.  I have seen some awesome ideas- some I've even tried out in my classroom already and some I have in the "To Do at a Later Date" file.

I cannot believe I have not be able to sit down long enough to to write!  This fall is really kicking my backside and I'm not even sure why.  I have a great group of kids, no new curriculum to trip through and things are moving along at a fairly normal clip on the homefront.  I am just hoping that things settle in soon before the real craziness of the the holiday season kicks in too!

For this, my first blog back I am joining in with Farely over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for her Currently link up.  I sooooo love this linky! I really enjoy reading what everyone is up to- I've funny how many things we have in common all across the country :)


Listening... the loveliness of siblings getting along for once.  No fighting just playing- music to my ears. Hopefully it lasts 'til quiet time!

Loving... my class.  Doesn't that just say it all?  I have a super bunch of fourth graders who are not afraid to try new things and are really coming together as a team.

Thinking..... I really do need to start correcting papers since they won't correct themselves.  Midterms were sent out last week and it felt like a marathon of making sure I had everything current.  How can it only be Tuesday and my bag is full yet again?!?!

Wanting... a personal assistant/secretary/maid/cook. Need I say more. LOL

Needing... a day to get reorganized.  Seems like I'm running around like a headless chicken and some things are not getting back where they belong.  Those first units I had laid out are almost done and it's time to get out the next round.

Treat...my treat is a book recommendation.  If you haven't picked up Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein  you are really missing out!  I read about this one over at Eberopolis and was intrigued, so of course had to order it from Amazon that day.  I started it Saturday with the intent to read an hour then finish my housework....didn't happen had to read it all in one sitting!  

Well that's it for tonight.  Those papers are calling my name.  I solemnly vow to get at least one blog post up a week from now on. (I'm making a date with my computer for just that purpose and putting it on my calendar LOL)



1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when you have a great class you can have fun with? I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete