Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Monday Made Its- A Little Late

Sorry I've been MIA this past week.  It's been hectic but productive.  I have a few new crafty, cute projects I have been hard at work on plus a major classroom overall. (The hottest week of July, guess who decided she should paint all the bookcases in her classroom...a room without windows or air conditioning I might add) Yep that was me.  I will say the shelving looks marvelous-no pictures today but I promise to add some as I get things put back together.

Ok for my Monday Made It (yes, I know it's Tuesday but I was crazy swamped yesterday and didn't really feel like getting on the computer at 11:30 before I went to bed) I have a couple projects I have finished up.

MMI #1: READ Letters.



I've seen these on several blogs and different Pinterest pins and just had to make a set for my room. I just happened to be in Hobby Lobby for their 50% off sale on scrapbook papers and cardboard letters so the time was right.  Today I attached the letters to ribbon and am going to hang them on the wall in my room library.  I'll be putting up pictures of my new library once I have it all put back together so you can see how it came together.

MMI #2: Teacher Binder

This year I decided to try something a little different. I typically keep my schedules, calendar, notes and other important teacher information in a large binder. Its bulky and I don't like to haul it plus my laptop to meetings. So I've been working on my teacher binder off and on for the last few weeks.    I recently found out I can have a spiral bound notebook made for $3.50.  I can customize it to what I need (think I need) and organized how I want it. I do my lesson plans on the computer so I don't need a section for lesson plans.  (I am going to use planbook.com this year-but that's for another post.)  I have a spot of a week at a glance-I laminated it so I can use it over again rather than have 36 different pages, a calendar (which I have already plugged the important school dates), a note section for meetings, and my roster. I am also putting in a section for my substitute information with procedures but that section is still in the process as I team teach I want to hold off to be able to talk with my teaching partner before I finalize it all.  I am super pleased with the sections I have done and can't wait to get it all finished up and bound.


MMI #3: ELA I Can Statements

My third MMI for this week is my set of I Can statements for English Language Arts.  I am super tickled with how these turned out.  For each standard I used a different colored edge to help make them easy to organize. Next I need to get them laminated and they will be ready for my new bulletin board.

Well, that's it for right now.  I have a few other projects I want to wrap up for next time.  Two more Mondays before we officially start back.


                                                    Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Love the READ letters! They are super cute! I am your newest follower- a fellow fourth grade teacher!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete