Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Tunes Tuesdsay Link Up

Music and grammar -what an awesome combination.  I love to use music in my lessons. Unfortunately I can't make it work as often as I'd like, so I am super excited to link up with Nick over at Sweet Rhyme & Pure Reason for his Tunes Tuesday, a fun way to use music to teach grammar skills.  I've been looking through the other link ups and I know my students are going to love this idea!

Hall of Fame lyrics
I chose the song "Hall of Fame" by The Script to go over nouns.  I also like this song because of the positive message that you can be anything if you try.  (Always trying to do double duty with lessons where ever possible, here I have grammar and self-esteem/Character Counts).

The official video for this song is very powerful depicting both a young man and young woman struggling to reach their dreams as a boxer and a ballerina. Here is the link to the video via Safeshare.  A HUGE shout out to Ideas for Jivey who shared this cool tool in her link up for Tunes Tuesday.  Hope you enjoy the link up and be sure to check out the other great links that are part of this linky.


                                                                       Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this song so thanks for the tip! I agree that it is important to share positive messages in music, especially with so much negativity in media out there today.

    By the way, did you know that you are a “no reply blogger?” This means that when you leave a comment on another blog, the blogger can’t reply to you via email. You can visit www.ideasbyjivey.blogspot.com and click on “Techy Tips” if you want to fix that.

    Have a great day!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your song choice! I would like to use this with my students...when I clicked the link for the lyrics, nothing was there. Would you mind emailing me a copy? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The link isn't working for the lyrics. Please repost!

    ReplyDelete