Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Made It...through the craziness :-)

It's Monday... the beginning of a new week and time to link up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics.
This last week was crazy hectic here, hence the title for this post.  Just to give you an idea how nutty my week was, I'll give you a quick recap.  Monday/Tuesday- helped my sister get ready to open her new wine bar, The Sanity Room that opened Tuesday afternoon.  We did take time to sneak in matching tattoos. Didn't they turn out awesome?

Tuesday started with an early morning call from my oldest son letting my know my granddaughter was ready to enter the world...of course had to take time to go down to visit them in the hospital.
Wednesday was my youngest daughter's birthday- I can't believe she is 11 already!
Thursday of course was the Fourth of July and my parents' 43 anniversary-big day with family. Friday we had company from out of town visiting.  The weekend was for recouping and doing all those chores I neglected during the week but needed to be done.

Needless to say I did not have a lot of down time to work on my To do list of projects, but I did manage to finish up my Math Common Core Checklist for my students' data binders.  (I've recently decided to try student data binders, so that's another project I am working on.  If anyone has some great words of wisdom for how you use your data notebooks I welcome any thoughts you'd like to share.)  I have all the standards written out in kid friendly terms (They match the I Can statements I made a few weeks ago to post-I thought it would make it easier for my students to know exactly which ones they can mark in their notebook).  I have put this document in my TPT if anyone is interested.

The second thing I managed to finish up are my new schedule cards.  I decided I wanted something with a little more style to put in my pocket chart this year.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.  Now if only I had my schedule nailed down so I could put times on them.

Here's to a calmer more productive week.


4 comments:

  1. Love love love the student assessment notebook pages. Whata great way for them to be accountable for what they need to know. I must consider something like this for ELA for my Read 180 kiddos. I think I will give that some thought next week.
    Cindi
    Diary of a grateful teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful baby girl! I'm excited to have found another 4th grade blogger :)
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's great that you and your sister have matching tattoos and your new grandbaby is beautiful!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete