Monday, January 13, 2014

Peek at My Week {1-13-14}

I am super excited to link up with Jennifer over at Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her Peek at my Week linky.  So far so good on my blogging resolution-I have surpassed my one post per week and 5 weekly comments goals!  It probably helped that we only had school 2 1/2 days last week thanks to Mother Nature and the polar vortex hanging over the MidWest.  Sure hope I never see another one of those!!

Any-whooo.  I am looking forward to a full week.  It will be a busy one.

Monday and Wednesday we are running shortened schedules. We have an S.K.A.T.E. anti-bullying assembly Monday afternoon and professional development on Wednesday.

We are wrapping up our animal research reports.  Most of the class is in great shape, so we should be able to publish them on post them to our classroom website on Friday.  I have decided to abandon our classroom blog (poor thing hasn't gotten any action this year with everything else going on) and will be posting our reports to the class website.  Not 100% how I want to put them up, but still have time to play with it a little.

We'll be starting our new Social Studies unit on the Southeast.  I am excited for the kids to try our the new foldables I created to put in their notebooks.  Crossing my fingers they will work as well as my example.

Over course the dreaded part of my week will be starting our Winter Fountas and Pinnell testing.  It takes so long and I hate losing the instructional time especially this time of year.  Oh well.  While I am busy with the testing, students who would normally be meeting with me will be working on the task cards for author's purpose and informational text from Rachel Lynette .  This is a good time for them to work on these two areas before Iowa Assessments next month.

Friday we will be holding session two of our Genius Hour.  I am super excited about this new project time!  The class is to have their two inquiry questions and possible project ideas for approval.  I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Well, that's my school week.  On the home front things look relatively quiet only one wrestling meet for the week.  Here's to warmer temperatures, less winter yuck and regular routines!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering if I could get a copy of your States and Capitals foldable, for my children?

    ReplyDelete