Brrr! It's another freezing morning here in central Iowa! I cannot remember a winter that has been this cold for such a stretch of time. I can quite honestly say I have already started praying for Spring or that someone will hand me a ticket to a warm tropical getaway!
In the spirit of sticking to my New Year blogging resolution, I thought I'd try to link up with Holly over at Fourth Grade Flipper for
I read a post this summer from someone else who was thinking about trying Planbook.com so I headed over to the site to check it out myself. At first I was a bit skeptical about how easy it would be to use and if in reality I would use it. I have experimented with online planners before without a lot of success and they can be pretty costly, so I held off on doing the trial until school actually started so I could see if this one would be any different. Let me just say- this one is a keeper!
1. It's not as costly as many- it only costs $12 a year! I know money isn't everything, but I spend a lot of my own money on school things. I try to make sure I get the most bang for my buck wherever I can.
2. It is super user friendly. The site offers several video tutorials to help you get started.
3. I like that I can set up my lesson blocks in the template then just add the specifics when I do my weekly planning- no more typing it over and over or copying and pasting.
4. I can code the day's lesson with the standard code for the Common Core- at the end of the year, I can print a report that shows all the skill codes I taught which will make filling out my ICAT so much easier plus it's provides an artifact for my principal.
6. Another nice feature that I don't use a lot but does come in handy is that you can print your lessons out either for the day or by the week. An emergency came up this fall that had me running out the door with no time to lay out my usual sub sheets- all I did was print the day's plan and they were able to move on without me.
7. You can also share your plans with other teachers. Right now, I am the only one in my team using this so, I don't use this feature but think it would be great when team teaching.
8. Lastly, I love that my planner is with me all time and it isn't an extra something in my bag.
Well that's my Tried it Tuesday. If you are looking for an online planner, you'll want to check this one out yourself. Have a great week!